Friday, November 7, 2008

Understanding how a baby eats.

I have a funny story to share with everyone about Nicole. She is almost 3 and loves to ask lots of questions. Yesterday, a friend was over for a great afternoon of just hanging out. She has 3 kids, and her youngest is 6 weeks old. Nicole sat on the couch and was asking her about feeding the baby. Nicole asked about feeding the baby from her tummy, She told Nicole that she feeds him milk from her tummy. Nicole thought that was so interesting, she wanted to know why she was feeding the baby milk, I told her that, that is what new babies eat because they have no teeth. My friend finished and put her nursing pad back in place. Nicole wanted to know what she was doing "I am putting the nursing pad so that I don't get milk on my shirt."
Nicole came up to me a little while later and had a bulge in her shirt. I ask what she was doing with her shirt. She pulled out the pad to her doll high chair and said "I need to put my knee pad in so that my milk doesn't get on my shirt." I don't think I have laughed so hard as I did at that moment. I was crying.

No comments: