Friday, April 24, 2009

Aaron!


My man Aaron is such a funny guy. He is always full of questions and loves to have anyone and everyone play with him. Today was an extra challenging day for me with him. He got out of bed 15 minutes late for school, he got dress 20 minutes after he got up. OK I know school starts really early (7:45 AM) but this was a really bad morning. The worst part is that the carpool came to get both boys and Aaron was in the middle of brushing his teeth. I had to send Isaac out and off to school without Aaron. He came out of the bathroom and asked where his breakfast was. I not so quietly looked at him and said "you will have to eat a pb&j on the way to school". "Get your shoes on." He just looked at me and asked where his shoes were. Yeah his shoes were not on his feet either. While I was gathering up his shoes and socks from his room I hear screaming and crying coming from the living room. I walk out to find the Aaron in tears and the dog eating his sandwich. I rush to make another sandwich. This time I put it high enough the dog can't reach it. He gets his shoes on and we rush out to the car. The time is 7:50am, yes we are officially late. It is a good thing the school is only 2 blocks from the house. We walk into his class to see that his wonderful teacher is still visiting with parents. So I am officially bribing my children to do what I want. Today I bought the boys matching sheet sets. They are the "Clone Wars". Aaron will get to sleep in his new sheets if he can get out of bed every morning when the alarm goes off. No more dragging him out of bed. If he can not get out of bed, he will lose his bedding for a few days until he can get out of bed a few days in a row. I really hope this works. I know that he can get up and ready. While my mom was here he got up everyday and got ready with out her having to get after him. I will keep you posted on how he is doing.

1 comment:

Anna Min said...

Good luck...I'll be curious to see how it goes...
Its nice to know I'm not alone in the "get up and get ready and do it RIGHT NOW" feeling of the early morning.