Saturday, October 25, 2008

School is out!

We a have just completed our first trimester of the school year. And my kids are so excited, they will be off track for 5 weeks. I have been asked if I like year round school compared to traditional, well I thought about it and I really have nothing to compare it to. I think you make work what ever you have. I was torn before my kids started school, because the only thing that I had any memory of was traditional, but now that my kids are in school and have great teachers I don't mind year round, you just have to be creative in finding things to do for your kids, but I think you have to do the same thing during the summer if they are off for 3 months. I love that I have 4 options to choose from. I did have Isaac on a different track when he was in kindergarten and didn't really like the track, but the one we are on now really fits our family. I think that the best perk to year round is that we have opportunities to travel a couple times out the year, not just during the summer or over Christmas. So for all those that have wondered about traditional vs year round, I think you have to do what is available and what you feel fits your family the best.

No comments: